Almost everyone loves to have ice cream, but what a lot of people do not realize is that it is very easy to make. You do not require any fancy equipment to enjoy tasty homemade ice cream. As a matter of fact, you do not even need this much time, as with an amazing homemade ice cream recipe, you will be able to make ice cream at home in less than 20 minutes!
At the end, you will have a velvety, rich and indulgent vanilla ice cream; the perfect thing that you can enjoy with a molten lava cake, or to impress your family and friendly with at the end of a dinner.
In order to make an ice cream at home, you generally need to use an ice cream maker, If you do not keep the mixture moving as it freezes, ice crystals will form in it and will give the ice cream a gritty texture when you will eat it. You may have experienced this kind of a texture while you have re-frozen a carton of ice cream that has thawed it is about a million miles away from the smooth and velvety texture that it should have.
The Secret That Makes It Quick and Easy
The secret to making ice cream is very simple to follow a traditional custard ice cream recipe that requires no stirring. To do that, you just need to make use of heavy cream in the mixture and no milk at all. This way, you would be able to throw the mixture in the freezer to set. This mean you do not have to stir, and hence no fuss at all!
Yummy Homemade Ice Cream Recipe
For homemade ice cream you need to follow this recipe. You will require only 4 ingredients.
- 2 cups of heavy cream,
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 egg yolks
- 75oz of granulated sugar
The Quick Recipe
- The very first step here is to cut the vanilla pod along the length on a plate, and then scuff out the seeds that are inside it with a spoon handle. You will require putting the seeds on another place because you will need them later.
- Now, take the pods and chuck them into the pan, along with sugar and cream.
- The pan should be placed over a medium heat, and stir the mixture as it heats up. As it boils, turn down the heat and whisk together the egg yolks in another bowl.
- Now you must slowly pour the mixture into the bowl that has the egg yolks, while whisking them together.
- Add the seeds now and continue whisking till the mixture is speckled with the vanilla seeds. Fish out the vanilla pods and then transfer the entire mixture to a freezer proof bowl.
Lastly, all you have to do here is to put the mixture into the freezer for approximately 2 to 3 hours, and you are done! Enjoy the yummy homemade ice cream, with just 20 minutes preparation!